News & Events
- 1 News & Events
- 1.1 Our Blog
- 1.2 Sensational Sock Knitters, do you have leftover sock yarn?
- 1.3 Mesmerizing Mosaic Knitting or Stranded Colour Work?
- 1.4 Ravishing Ranunculus Sweater FO September 2020
- 1.5 10 Mysterious Reasons Why You Should Swatch
- 1.6 Combining Pantone Autumn Colours 2020
- 1.7 A letter from America 2020
- 1.8 Baby Knits and a design journey
- 1.9 Shawl Patterns I Love August 2020
- 1.10 Shawl Patterns I Love August 2020 both Knit and Crochet
- 1.11 Top 10 Tips to improve your knitting
- 1.12 Knitting FAQs 2020 Advice
- 1.13 How to create the perfect plan to finish your WIPs 17-08-2020
- 1.14 We are adding our digital patterns to the store
- 1.15 Crochet Cardigan Patterns I love August 2020
- 1.16 Knit Cardigan Patterns I love August 2020
- 1.17 WIPs, wishes and knitting plans 7th August 2020
- 1.18 The value of test knitters and how they improve patterns
- 1.19 Campside KAL, interview with Alicia Plummer
- 1.20 Vera Sweater V Neck for Emma
- 1.21 Mary Eleanor Dress Pattern in Testing
- 1.22 Blissful Ballet Wrap Cardigan Pattern for Baby, it’s adorable
- 1.23 Roll over the Top test knit
- 1.24 Stay in Touch
- 1.25 Thank you, don't forget to confirm your email address in the message we went you, then you won't miss out!
Welcome to the Woolly Madly Deeply Blog, with our latest articles, news, views, events, tutorials, pattern news, hints and tips.
Welcome, thanks so much for visiting our Blog, we hope you love the latest articles, news, views, events and what’s happening in our Woolly World.
Sock Knitters, do you leftover sock yarn? Then I have the project for you! I'll be the first to admit I am not much of a sock knitter. But I do love to wear hand knitted socks. I do make a lot of hats, cowls, shawls and even sweaters with sock yarns and I have various...
Mosaic Knitting or Stranded Colour Work for my hat and cowl design? Help me decide.
Ranunculus Sweater FO September 2020. Last weekend, almost by accident, I cast on for a Ranunculus Sweater. I was using some very deep stash, Sirdar Romance in colour 150 Khaki which has a fine gold thread running through.
10 Mysterious Reasons Why You Should Swatch. Top reasons to swatch, why, what the benefits are to you.
Combining Pantone Autumn Colours 2020. Today Emma and I chatted on our Facebook Live about the Pantone Autumn/Fall 2020 colours, how to wear them, how to combine the colours and what catwalk trends are for this Autumn/Winter season 2020-2021.
A letter from America, from a customer who needed yarn for a blanket for her son, photos in the article.
Baby Knits and a design journey, what I started with and how my design ended up
Shawl Patterns I Love August 2020 both Knit and Crochet
Today’s blog post is a round up of Shawl Patterns I Love August 2020. I have seen some amazing shawls over the last month and wanted to share some with you. They are a mix of knit and crochet so there should be something to please everyone.
Top 10 Tips to improve your knitting
Knitting FAQs or frequently asked questions. If you have knitting FAQs or frequently asked questions to add to this post, let us know and we'll try to answer it here. I'll be updating this post every week with several new questions and answers, so there will be more...
How to create the perfect plan to finish your WIPs and clear time for gift knitting or selfish knitting.
As some of you will know, our pattern store for Loraine's designs has always been at https://ravelry.com/loraine-birchall. There were some design changes to the Ravelry.com website earlier in the year causing issues for some users. Many of the issues have been...
Knit Cardigan Patterns I love August 2020
Knit Cardigan Patterns I love August 2020
WIPs, wishes and knitting plans As always, I have a ton of WIPs around the house waiting to be completed, or at the stage where I'm a) not sure I want to finish them or b) needed to finish another item first. Vera Sweater WIP I'm working on a few WIPs this week, the...
The value of test knitters to designers, Tech Editors and the end knitter of the pattern, how they help and what they add.
We were delighted to welcome Alicia Plummer @aliciaplums to our Facebook Live session on 19th July 2020 to chat about her Campside KAL (knit along). What is the Campside KAL all about? Alicia designed her Campside Shawl the year her Dad passed away, it was very much...
Emma showed me her Vera sweater months ago and I may have been pestering her to get on with finishing the pattern and starting the test knits. She launched the test knitting last night and I signed up to make the 42″ chest which will give me no ease at the bust.
The adorable Mary Eleanor Dress pattern will fit babies and kids from 6-12mths to approx 7 years. Our oustanding team of test knitters are working really hard now to test the pattern and have chosen some amazing yarns.
Introducing the Ballet Wrap Cardigan pattern, sized from preemie to 12 mths.
The Roll over the Top test knit has been great fun and been a very enjoyable knit. I signed up because I’d seen Jutta’s original sample garment in a beautiful, rich green that glowed like jewels.
Site D, Glasson Industrial Estate, Maryport, Cumbria, CA15 8NT
Office: 01229 480488